Great opportunity for a full time Molecular Technologist for 1st shift opening in the Greensboro, North Carolina area!
-This will be Monday through Friday with hours of 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- BS degree in Medical Technology or Biological Science
- MT(ASCP) certification
Industry/Function: Medical Laboratory
Title: Molecular Biology Technologist
Job Objectives: To perform complex technical work involving molecular analysis of human biological materials. Job duties include a combination of the following responsibilities: extensive and complex steps requiring manual manipulation and pipetting, close monitoring and control, evaluation of data, and careful and accurate work. Training periods are typically long and require some reading of pertinent literature related to the specialty to maintain current knowledge in this dynamic, rapidly evolving field.
The listing of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that the administrator or pathologists may deem necessary from time to time.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Evaluate specimens received by the department and organize workflow to provide optimum efficiency of testing and turnaround time of results.
- Extract, denature and purify DNA from assorted specimen types.
- Perform PCR, hybridization and genetic sequencing methods.
- Evaluate results to determine interference, inhibition or other problems that arise during extraction, amplification or sequencing of DNA.
- Perform quality control, validation and other quality activities to verify performance of clinical assays.
- Maintain equipment by performing assigned maintenance activities and troubleshoot unexpected problems with equipment.
- Record data to monitor temperatures of incubation equipment.
- Evaluate inventory of supplies and reagents and communicate order needs.
- Operate complex equipment and computer programs related to equipment and LIS system.
- Maintain records of test results and archives of data.
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment.
- Perform proficiency testing to maintain compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Assist department in writing and maintaining standard operating procedures for clinical assays. Document knowledge by reviewing and signing SOPs annually.
- Follow laboratory policies and procedures such as attendance and time reporting policies.
For more details please submit your resume. You can also send it directly to [Register to View]
JOB ID: KD8