This position will be working for a clinical laboratory specializing in state of the art, automated DNA based molecular analysis of a variety of chronic and infectious illnesses. MDL specializes and performs Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) with a larger menu of testing available in the field of infectious disease. Our main theme of research is in the field of Gynecology, Infectious Diseases, Infectious Arthritis, Tick-borne Diseases, Mycology, and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS).
The individual filling this position is responsible for investigating and resolving our Edit Queues. These queues are generated during our billing process due to invalid data.
Job Summary: Performs specialized and high complexity testing that involves daily technical flow cytometry operations including specimen processing, staining and reagents, daily operation of equipment and instruments, quality control, analytic flow analysis, generating preliminary reports and writing technical policies and assay procedures in accordance with required regulatory and departmental standards.
- Completes all aspects of high complexity Flow Cytometry in accordance to and in compliance with Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), College of
- American Pathologists (CAP) and New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) guidelines.
- Performs quantitative T and B cell subset analysis and CD34 stem cell analysis.
- Performs bone marrow differential cell counts.
- Prepares special stains on bone marrow aspirates.
- Correlates findings with supervisory Pathologists.
- Assists with the development, optimization, and validation of new tests.
- Assures individual specimen turnaround times are consistent with overall laboratory expectations.
- Assures cytological activities and equipment are used and maintained safely and in accordance with laboratory procedures.
- Assures appropriate established laboratory techniques are used in the preparation of quality slides from cytological samples.
- Helps with administrative duties including writing and maintaining procedures, completing proficiency testing, and maintaining supply inventory as needed.
- Prepares reagent stock and working solutions.
- Monitors proper use and consumption of reagents, materials and consumables.
- Performs other similar or related duties as required or assigned.
- Job Qualifications: General Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s) required
- ASCP Board Certification is preferred
- Competency with Flow Cytometry instrumentation
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or Physical/Life Sciences
- Minimum of 2 years related Flow Cytometry experience
For more information on this position please submit your resume. You can also email it directly to [Register to View]
JOB ID: KD4