Seeking a Full Time Laboratory Supervisor for a plasma donation center in Rochester, NY.
*New York State License Required.
Under the general direction of the laboratory director, this position supervises technical personnel and reporting of findings, performs tests requiring special scientific skills and in the absence of the director, is responsible for the proper performance of all laboratory procedures.
In compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), supervises reception area testing activities.? Provides clear and consistent instructions and directions, conducts meetings and clearly communicates performance expectations.
Ensures the center is staffed with adequate number of personnel to provide sufficient support based on center size, structure and donor flow.
Monitor time card- reporting procedures, attendance, and utilization of overtime.
Conducts error investigations and develop recommendations for process improvement.
Participates with management in conducting performance appraisals, providing performance feedback.
With management review, document verbal and written coaching level corrective actions as needed.
Assists in maintaining up-to-date employee training files, checklists, and assists with performance evaluations and certification status.
Adheres to and promotes compliance to company policies and procedures.
Understands policies and procedures associated with hyper immune programs at the center if applicable.
Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures. Promotes safety in all actions.
Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center information.
May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the business.
Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the organization, to meet the needs of the business.
Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Current State of New York Clinical Laboratory Technologist with 6 years of clinical laboratory experience subsequent to qualifying, with at least 2 years working in a clinical laboratory with a director a the doctoral level OR Master's degree in chemical, physical or biological science with 4 years laboratory experience OR
- Doctoral Degree in chemical, physical or biological science with 2 years' experience, subsequent to graduation, in one of the laboratory specialties in a clinical laboratory or blood bank having a director at the doctoral level OR
- Cytotechnologist with 4 years' experience in cytotechnology subsequent to qualifying in a laboratory with a director at the doctoral level in cytopathology.
- Minimum 1 year supervisory, leadership experience responsible for overseeing the activities of other.
- Must maintain current licensure
- Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe equipment operation.?
- Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of time
- Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
- Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
For more details please submit your resume or send to [Register to View]
JOB ID : KD2