(Reference Code: JAW1004)
Top laboratory in New York is looking for a Molecular Technologist to join their team! This is an excellent opportunity for a Technologist looking for a chance to enhance their clinical skill set in the lab while being able to take advantage of opportunities to continue your professional growth through continuing education and opportunities to cross train in other areas!
Job SummaryUnder the direction of the Lab supervisor, the PCR Technologist will perform biological experiments and assist with the day-to day administration of the PCR Laboratory.
- Knowledgeable in the handling of patient specimens from accession to storage.
- Assist supervisor with day to day administration of PCR Laboratory.
- Read and follow technical procedures for the Standard Operating Procedure Manual.
- DNA and RNA extraction
- Complete PCR testing and PCR product analysis including sequencing, hybridization or fragment analysis
- Assist in the administration of all Quality Control Programs.
- Assist in the inventory management and ordering
- Sample data collecting or accession if necessary
- Adherence to workload requirements.
- Maintenance of accurate work records (i.e., Maintenance Logs, Temperature Logs, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or related field plus one year clinical biological lab experience
- NYS clinical laboratory license
- Knowledge of nucleic acid technology. Understanding of quality control / quality improvement programs.
- Familiar with pipette and knowledge of basic chemical calculation
- Block sectioning and H&E staining experience
- Detail oriented
- Working knowledge and understanding of computers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and prioritize effectively
Please apply now to be considered or send a copy of your updated resume to [Register to View] !