Exciting opportunity for a full time Cytotech in the Tampa, FL area!
Join a national clinical laboratory that specializes in molecular diagnostic testing services, primarily for Women’s health. To meet the needs of our expanding pathology business, we are seeking a cytotechnologist to work out of our office in Tampa, FL.
This position is Full-Time, and the individual selected will work with our Medical Director and growing team of pathologists and cytotechnologists to process and screen gynecological and non-gynecological specimens and provide an interpretation of the patient cases to the Supervisory Cytotechnologist and pathologists.
- Performs specialized and complex testing that involves microscopic screening and evaluation of gynecological and non-gynecological specimens; provides interpretations to the Supervisory cytotechnologist and pathologists.
- Performs thorough and accurate microscopic evaluation of cellular samples using recognized criteria to make cytological interpretations.
- Correlates findings with supervisory cytotechnologist and pathologists.
- Accurately records all appropriate specimen and results data.
- Performs fine need aspirations to prepare biopsies and assess cellular adequacy.
- Assures individual specimen turnaround times are consistent with overall laboratory expectations.
- Assures cytological activities and equipment are used and maintained safely and in accordance with laboratory procedures.
- Appropriate established laboratory techniques are used in the preparation of quality slides from cytological samples.
- Performs other similar or related duties as required or assigned
- Assures activities are conducted in a safe manner and materials are handled according to safety guidelines.
- Assures customer privacy is maintained at all times.
- Participates as a team member and is accountable for own work responsibilities.
- Assures information is delivered in a manner that is supportive, timely and understandable.
- Initiative is demonstrated to proactively diagnose and resolve problems.
- Productive work habits are consistently displayed.
- Accuracy and quality are maintained for all activities.
Requirements: General Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s) required
- ASCP Board Certification
- Experience with Thin-Prep Imaging System; Review Scope a plus
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in related science
- 0-2+ years related experience
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Dependent Care Flex Spending Account
- Voluntary Policies (Accident, Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness & Supplemental STD)
- Legal Plan & Identity Theft Protection
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Vacation & Holiday
- Business Casual Environment
- Credit Union
For more information please submit your resume or email it to [Register to View]
(job ID: KD)