This job is archived
Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) (Contract position)
Madigan Army Medical Center, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA
Here are some of the top things to do near Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
- Children's Museum of Tacoma. ...
- Lakewold Gardens. ...
- Debbie DoLittle's Indoor Petting Zoo. ...
- Grand Prix Raceway. ...
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge. ...
- Lakewood Playhouse. ...
- Discover Nature. ...
- Gig Harbor Gondola.
- Degree/Education: Certificate; Must have completed an approved college based laboratory technician certification program and passed the certification test by an approved organization such as the National Certification Agency (NCA), American Medical Technologists (AMT), American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP). Must be currently certified as a medical laboratory technician.
- Certifications in addition to Basic Life Support: All HCWs must possess and maintain current course completion documentation for basic life support (BLS) through an American Heart Association approved training program. BLS shall be renewed every two years.
- Experience: 1 year or less is acceptable
- Board Certification: Current certification/registration as determined by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or AMT as specified in the TO.
- Must be a U.S citizen
- Perform a full range of clinical laboratory tests in any one or a combination of the following sections of the laboratory: hematology, chemistry, cytology, histotechnology, urinalysis, serology, microbiology, phlebotomy or transfusion and blood bank as outlined in the TO.
- Determine the suitability of specimens for analysis. Prepare specimens for analysis and ensure that the physiologic state of the properties is maintained. Prepare reagents and primary reference materials as necessary. Calibrate, standardize, adjust, and maintain instruments.
- Verify correct instrument operation using established procedures and quality control checks. Identify the cause of common problems and make simple repairs.
- Recognize and react to indicators of malfunction.
- Locate and implement corrections.
- Obtain analytical data, convert to a prescribed unit of reporting, as necessary, and correlate data to verify results. Conduct quality control procedures on equipment, reagents and products and maintain proper records for quality control and quality assurance reports.
- Required to learn or relearn procedures for performing laboratory testing according to the procedures at your place of duty.
- Prepare specimens for transport to MTF laboratory or for mail out. Prepare biological waste for proper disposal.
- Must have completed a minimum of a six month rotation through all sections of a medical laboratory as a Cart of training required to gain certification.
- Use various clinical automation systems as required, such as, but not limited to the laboratory information system and DMHRSi.
- Laboratory personnel shall receive training prior to commencing services. Required to work in shipping, hematology, chemistry, microbiology, transfusion service and phlebotomy. Required to perform quality control procedures, manual enter or transfer results to laboratory information system, certify results, cancel laboratory orders, learn to run specimens if laboratory information system is down.
- Perform all duties in such a manner that they meet all Joint Commission Standards.