This job is archived
Why You’ll Love this Job
Only dedicated and energetic professionals interested in a healthcare career need apply! Is that you? If you are a people person, highly organized and know the importance of placing an emphasis on great customer service, you are the ideal person to fill our Optical Lab Technician role!
As Optical Lab Technician, you will stay busy as you carry out such tasks as eyewear repair, edging, mounting and inspecting lenses, inventory data entry, and analyzing and solving eyewear issues.
If you want to join a well-established practice that equally values its patients and employees, and are ready take a step forward in your career, apply today for our Optical Lab Technician position!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Reading a lensometer
- Must have knowledge of optical laboratory equipment
- Using lens measuring equipment to mark lens blanks according to specifications
- Accurately edge lenses according to prescription
- Mount lenses in frames.
- Use ANSI specifications to Inspect mounted lenses
- Select proper lens blanks by Interpreting prescription
- Simple eyewear repair
- Keep electronic inventory of new frames
- Oversee shipping and receiving
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Prefer one to three years of prior optical experience
- Must be adaptable and flexible, and able to multitask
- Must be self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Should be interested in healthcare
- Must possess effective communication skills
- Must maintain a professional appearance
- Able to be on the feet for long periods
TalentCare is a disruptive, data-driven healthcare recruiting firm with clinical and non-clinical positions nationwide. You will hear about exclusive, direct hire job openings that provide you career mobility and growth. With TalentCare on your side, you are:
- Matched with jobs based on advanced predictive analytics, so you will fit and perform well
- Hired directly by the client company, whether full-time or part-time
- Never hounded by other firms about our job openings – they’re all 100% exclusive