This is a day shift opportunity and they are actively interviewing. On the southern coast of Maine, this hospital has 80-beds and they are offering a competitive salary and fantastic benefits. They are about 45 minutes south of Portland and just over an hour north of Boston.
The role itself is primarily bench work with some leadership aspects to it as well. More specifically, these are some of the duties the Technical Specialist will be responsible for:
- Development and maintenance of procedure manuals and protocol updates
- Ordering of supplies
- Orientation of new staff
- Assignment of CAP surveys
- Technical coordination of Microbiology Lab
- Cross training in other technical departments
- Analysis of laboratory tests
- Quality control and equipment maintenance
If you are interested in stepping into a role with more responsibility, this will definitely be the route for you.
This area is known in New England to have fantastic beaches, food and picturesque towns. Additionally, being so close to both Boston and Portland there are many options for schools of all levels, jobs for a significant other and lively night life!
Their ideal candidate will have their MT(ASCP) and strong Microbiology skills as well as basic knowledge as a generalist.