This job is archived
The person in this position is a licensed Medical Technologist (MT) or Clinical Laboratory Specialist in Cytogenetics (CG) who is responsible for day to day processing and analysis of Cytogenetic, FISH and/or Flow Cytometry samples. The person in this position performs the standard duties of a Medical Technologist without assistance.
- Performs all duties of a Cytogenetic Technologist I without assistance from Medical Technologist III. Displays satisfaction clinical competency on standard procedures.
- Must perform within the productivity expectations as set forth by current departmental guidelines.
- Assists in documentation and maintaining effective department QA programs and monitors.
- Assists in the training of new employees and trainees in accordance with department protocols and company guidelines.
- Prepare and present case studies and/or continuing education activities.
- Validates new methods.
- Handles CAP surveys.
- Addresses client concerns.
- Assists in the development and implementation of training, QA programs and department protocols.
- Work in collaboration with other departments within PathGroup and its subsidiaries.
- Exercise all laboratory safety precautions and adhere to lab procedures as stated in procedure manuals.
- Perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the industry’s best security practices and regulatory guidelines to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information and other sensitive company data.
- Must be familiar with and abide by the Corporate Compliance Program and all Corporate policies, including the Privacy and Security policies.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE:
- Bachelors of Science Degree required.
- National certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) as a Clinical Laboratory Specialist in Cytogenetics (CG) or as a Medical Technologist (MT).
- Must hold a valid Tennessee Medical Laboratory License.
- Maintains appropriate continuing education for certification and licensure.
- At least three years Cytogenetic, FISH and/or Flow Cytometry experience required.
For more details on this position please submit your resume for review.