Full-time Medical Technologist needed at a top healthcare system serving New York and Pennsylvania!
(Reference Code: KAM)
JOB TITLE: CLINICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST I
MAIN FUNCTION: The Clinical Laboratory Technologist I (Medical Technologist) performs a defined set of laboratory procedures consistent with the needs of the shift, using established and approved protocols, exercising independent judgment and responsibility with minimal technical supervisor in a specific section of the Laboratory. A CLT I has not been trained or competent to work on all benches within a section of the laboratory. They may perform microbiological, virological, serological, chemical, immunohematological, hematological, biophysical, cytogenetical, cytological or histological procedures and examinations and any other test or procedure conducted by a laboratory, as it is defined in the public health law, on material derived from the human body which provides information for the diagnosis, prevention or treatment of a disease or assessment of a human medical condition. Working outside the defined procedures happens only occasionally and is limited to those procedures where documented competencies are maintained. The Clinical Laboratory Technologists immediate supervisor is the Section, Multiple Section, or Shift Supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes and prioritizes workload.
- Is familiar with and maintains all regulations appropriate to assigned duties and is ready for unannounced inspections by other employees within the health system as well as, state, and/or federal regulatory agencies.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
- Maintains a courteous and helpful rapport when dealing with patients, physicians, nurses, supervisors, visitors, coworkers, and other employees.
- Acts as a resource to other health care personnel by providing pertinent, accurate, and timely information in a courteous manner.
- Accepts and adapts to a changing work environment. Offers suggestions for the implementation of regulatory requirements and/or patient care issues.
- Appearance is always in compliance with dress codes as defined in the policy manuals.
- Respects the privacy of all patients and employees. Medical, financial, or other information is only accessed or discussed as necessary to perform required duties.
- Contributes individual value to the operation of the Laboratory by reporting to work on all scheduled days.
- Maintains competency and performs all laboratory testing in area of assignment.
- Reviews and verifies results, according to the section/departmental policy before reporting. All results outside of technical limits are checked by further analysis and properly confirmed and reported. Recognizes and takes appropriate action with critical values.
- Handles all specimens correctly with complete documentation.
- Properly runs, interprets, and documents quality controls.
- Prioritizes and completes all tests within established turn-around-times. Takes appropriate action and documents deviations.
- Maintains all instrumentation and/or equipment within area of assignment by performing routine preventative maintenance and troubleshooting, within the limits of training and experience. Maintains appropriate documentation and notifies immediate supervisor of problems.
- Promptly investigates any unexpected result variations or concerns expressed by other health care providers. Insures that all required documentation is complete and that all appropriate health care providers have been notified.
- Brings unusual situations to the attention of the immediate Supervisor and/or the System Director of Laboratory Services and/or Medical Director.
- Assists the Supervisor in the development of new methodologies, instrumentation, or procedures. Provides training and/or oversight of students and/or new employees as requested.
- Maintains the supply inventory according to protocol with the section; receives and stores reagents and supplies according to departmental and manufacturers guidelines.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree, or higher, in clinical laboratory technology (or medical technology) from a program registered by the NYSDOE or determined by the NYSDOE to be substantial equivalent, or have received a bachelors degree in biology, chemistry, or the physical sciences or the substantial equivalent and also have received an advanced certificate from an accredited clinical laboratory technology program or a program determined by the NYSDOE to be the substantial equivalent in accordance Title 10, NYCRR section 58-1.5. Must have a NYSDOE Clinical Laboratory Technology license or have documentation that an application for a license has been submitted.
EXPERIENCE: Meets all requirements of federal and state regulations for a Clinical Laboratory Technologist with good organizational and communication skills.
Excellent compensation with full benefits!
Enjoy all of the outdoor benefits of a beautiful Upstate, NY location within driving distance of major metropolitan areas.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!