This job is archived
Full-Time/Part-Time Ophthalmic Technician needed in Fairfield county!
(Reference Code: KAM241)
A fast paced office is currently seeking an ophthalmic technician to join a growing team of doctors. The ideal candidate will be one whose professional goals, ophthalmic medical experience, and personal work ethic align with the many philosophies behind this busy ophthalmology practice.
Primary Job Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
1. Triage emergency visits
2. Pre-test all patients (case history, lensometry, visual acuity, color vision, stereopsis, tonometry)
3. Administration of test (visual fields, corneal topography, tomography, pressure checks)
4. Education of patients on health topics, per MD direction
5. Pre-authorizing medication and E-Scribing medications
6. Supervision of contact lens, to include maintaining up to date inventory of lenses, ordering of patient lenses, dispensing and patient instruction for new lenses, removal of lenses, and lens care
7. Basic knowledge of computer systems and EMR
1. Minimum 3 years in an eye care setting
2. COA preferred but not required, willing to certify the right candidate
Salary commiserate with experience.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!