Full-time Clinical Laboratory Scientist needed at a Reference Lab in San Francisco!
(Reference Code: KAM246)
The position is daytime (8 am to 5 pm) with the expectation that the staff will also be able to take call (after hours duty) occasionally.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for performing routine testing of biological specimens and reviewing test results and quality assessment data. This position is also responsible for providing skilled technical support in the laboratory. Works with other team members to ensure timely, quality, test results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
2) Assures quality customer service to all customers.
3) Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence policy.
4) May assist with coordination of workflow, training, and mentoring of support staff, as required.
5) Maintains accurate records and documentation. Ensures donor, patient, and employee confidentiality.
6) Performs preparation and prequalification of reagents and routine testing of biological samples.
7) Performs record review.
8) Performs and oversees preventive maintenance and quality assurance on equipment. Identifies malfunctions on more complex equipment. Performs trouble shooting and notifies appropriate personnel if additional service is needed.
9) Performs equipment calibration, as necessary.
10) Maintains inventory of supplies and reagents.
11) Maintains the cleanliness of equipment and work areas. Ensures adherence to safety guidelines.
12) Assists in reviewing results for proficiency survey sample testing.
13) Investigates deviations in testing, quality control, and preventive maintenance. Makes recommendations for corrective action. Brings to attention of appropriate personnel.
14) Assists in coordination and performance of evaluations of reagents, equipment, and new testing methods.
15) Assists with performing required competency assessments and completing documentation.
16) Participates on process improvement teams.
17) Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree required.
* Must satisfy CLIA requirements for High Complexity Testing required.
* Certification as a Medical Technologist or Specialist in Blood Banking (SBB) by a recognized certifying agency required.
* Five years clinical laboratory testing experience required. (note: we will also consider candidates with less experience, as noted above).
* One year IRL experience preferred.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!