My client is a leading provider of sub-specialized anatomic pathology and molecular diagnostic laboratory services. They serve more than 3,900 physician specialists and their patients throughout the U.S. Recently they transitioned into a new laboratory in Westchester county where they have the technology and space to provide the highest quality work and continue growing.
They are looking for a Cytotechnologist with FISH experience (both processing and analysis). This opportunity is a day shift position Monday-Friday.
- Ability to process FISH tests including reconciliation, accessioning, data entry, preparation and staining
- Monitor working reagents, buffers, solutions and probes
- Analyze FISH tests using both manual and automated procedures
- Work up diagnostic medical reports
- Monitor specimen adequacy and staining quality
- Day shift: Monday-Friday 8 am - 4 pm
- Rotating Saturdays
The ideal candidate will have their ASCP and NYS license, as well as Cytogenetics and FISH experience. Bachelors Degree or higher, preferably in Biology/Molecular/Genetics.