Full time Hematology Supervisor needed at a top hospital in Virginia!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Currently seeking a full time Medical Technologist Supervisor for our hematology lab. The Medical Technologist Supervisor provides accurate and timely testing and results to requesting physicians and other health care professionals for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Supervises the daily operations and personnel of assigned area. The Medical Technologist Supervisor should consistently utilize excellent customer service skills to both internal and external customers at all times. A positive and professional interpersonal style with a strong commitment to the team effort is mandatory.
- Performance, evaluation and reporting of procedures outlined in the manual of standard operating procedures.
- Notification of panic values to ordering physicians and other customer service oriented communications.
- Resolution of problems in testing and quality control.
- Maintenance of SOPs; may make initial changes in SOPs as needed.
- Must complete the required number of continuing education hours per year.
- Perform the duties of a technical specialist in the Laboratory.
- Technically, the MT Supervisor will be responsible for clinical testing and results reporting in all areas where training and verification of competency are attained.
- Will coordinate test schedules, quality control procedures, troubleshooting, maintenance of procedure manuals, training and documentation, and inventory control in his/her primary areas of responsibility.
- Should consistently demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills. Should demonstrate a strong and energetic commitment to the laboratory's mission of efficiency and quality.
- Consistently act as a positive role model for peers and other coworkers.
- Rotating weekends as required.
- Holiday scheduling as required.
- On call availability, as required, for emergency coverage on any shift.
* Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science (BSCLS) from an accredited program or a Bachelor's Degree in Biology or Chemistry in addition to graduation from an NAACLS-accredited CLS/MT certificate program
* Current MT (ASCP), or MLS (ASCP), or CLS (NCA), or equivalent categorical certification
* Minimum of four (4) years of clinical work experience as a Medical Technologist with at least three (3) years in a leadership role (senior/lead level with increased responsibility)
Master's Degree in Clinical Lab Science (MSCLS) from an accredited program
ASCP Specialty Certification
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.