This job is archived
Seeking a Full-Time Permanent Manager of Laboratory Technical Quality!
Serves as primary resource for technical and quality initiatives and standardization related to equipment methodologies, and processes across all sites. Under the direction of the Laboratory Director, and Regional Laboratory Operations Director, and in collaboration with the Technical Quality Coordinator, researches and coordinates implementation and standardization of best clinical and anatomic pathology laboratory practices. Communicates and troubleshoots technical/quality issues with the Laboratory and Regional Operations Director.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology is required.
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years relevant laboratory experience. In-depth knowledge of laboratory operations and working knowledge of regulatory and compliance are required. Laboratory management experience is preferred.
- Certification as a medical technologist by a recognized professional organization (e.g., ASCP, BOR, NCA) is required. Certification as a generalist is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel software. Experience working with laboratory information systems is required.
- Strong leadership skills are required with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization. Ability to identify and troubleshoot potential technical and quality related issues. Strong organizational and project management skills are required. Experience with Lean/Six Sigma is a plus.
- Dependable transportation and ability to frequently travel between sites. Valid driver’s license and motor vehicle insurance is required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
About the Company:
They are a not-for-profit clinical laboratory based in Maine. Established in the 1970's as the first licensed independent laboratory in Maine, they have grown to provide comprehensive, dependable, quality laboratory services to hospitals, physicians, long-term care providers, other laboratories and health care organizations throughout Northern New England.