This job is archived
Seeking a Full-Time Permanent Cytotechnologist!
This facility is an industry leader providing comprehensive anatomic, clinical and molecular pathology services. They work with over 60 hospitals and thousands of group practices across the country. They offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, LTD, and 401(k).
The Cytotechnologist is responsible for examining cells on glass slides to detect evidence of diseased conditions and pre-malignant and malignant cells.
- Examines gynecological and/or non-gynecological slides daily according to department protocols.
- Records findings in computer system.
- Records required data on daily screening and departmental logs
- Identify and correct problems that may adversely affect test performance or result reporting of patient samples.
- Communicates pertinent section information/issues to supervisor, manager or other appropriate individual.
- Performs instrument maintenance and method troubleshooting.
- Assists in documentation and maintaining effective department QA/QC programs and monitors.
- Must perform within the productivity expectations as set forth by current departmental guidelines.
- Minimum of two years of college and graduation from an approved School of Cytotechnology.
- National certification by the ASCP as a Cytotechnologist.
- Must hold a valid Tennessee Cytotechnologist License.
- maintains appropriate continuing education for certification and licensure.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Cytotechnologist screening gynecological and non-gynecological slides preferred.