Seeking a Full-Time Cytotechnologist!
This organization is a leading independent pathology services and cancer diagnostics company, offering integrated diagnostic and personalized medicine consultations and information technology solutions to physicians and hospital systems. The pathologists provide diagnostic opinions and work collaboratively with referring physicians to determine appropriate patient treatment options. They provide services to pharmaceutical companies and other research entities to support their efforts to develop new cancer treatments.
Responsible for staining, mounting and studying cells of human body, under a microscope, to detect evidence of cancer, hormonal abnormalities and under pathological conditions, following established standards and practices.
Essential Key Responsibilities:
- Maintains effective laboratory operations by adhering to standards of specimen collection, preparation, or laboratory safety.
- Documents specimens by verifying patient and specimens of human cells.
- Mounts, stains, and examines smears under a microscope to evaluate specimen quality and recommends acceptance or rejection to Pathologist.
- Examines cell samples under the microscope to detect abnormalities in the color, shape, or size of cellular components and patterns.
- Classifies and distinguishes abnormal cell structures and reports abnormalities to Pathologists for further examination.
- Provides patient clinical data or microscopic findings to assist Pathologists in the preparation of pathology reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in the field of Laboratory Science or equivalent
- State licensure, if applicable
- Board of Certification (BOC) by the ASCP
- Completion of a Cytotechnologist program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.