Our established community hospital in the Niagara Falls, NY area is hiring a Laboratory Director. As the Laboratory Director you will be overseeing ten full-time employees consisting of managers, supervisors, medical technicians, and lab processors/phlebotomist. This is primarily 90% admin 10% bench work as needed. The environment is hands on in which every team member plays a key role in the laboratory.
Our facility builds lasting relationships with the people we serve and becomes the health care provider of choice for our communities. Our leadership places the needs of the staff first and strives to improve working conditions daily.
*Our facility would consider an Interim Director (4 month minimum) to Permanent.
Schedule: M-F, No Weekends
Position overview: Lab Director will oversee and coordinate the daily activities of the Clinical Pathology laboratory in addition to managing scientific support staff. This position will be responsible for overseeing and performing automated and manual hematology, clinical chemistry, coagulation analyses, urinalysis, inventory review and supply ordering.
Responsibilities will include monitoring of all procedures and quality control practices to ensure accuracy and validity of test results and compliance with the requirements of regulatory and certifying agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in medical Lab Sciences or related field
- Current ASCP Certification and NYS license
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a laboratory generalist.
- Three (3) years management experience directing multiple technical personnel in a laboratory environment; or equivalent combination of directly related education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been attained.
- Candidate must have hands-on knowledge of all sectors of a hospital laboratory (Chemistry, Hematology, Serology, Uranalysis, Coagulation).
Benefits: Relocation assistance, 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Tuition reimbursement, Vision insurance
Salary is determined by experience.
If interested or seeking additional information, please apply today!