This job is archived
The Donor Center Associate will be responsible to perform physicals and obtain medical history and inform consents from prospective donors. Will perform whole blood collections and automated collection using Trima technology on volunteer donors. Assist with donor recruitment and coordination of directed and autologous blood donors.Qualifications
High School Diploma or GED (Required)
Associate's Degree - Related field of science (Preferred)
Minimum Work Experience
1 year - Related and progressive experience (Required)
Experience in blood donation setting (Preferred)
Basic math calculations.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills important.
Computer knowledge and skills necessary.
1. Recruit donors to meet the needs of Transfusion Medicine and Hospital patients through continuous consultation with the Blood Donor Center Manager, Coordinator , and/or recruiter; serves as an information source for parents and physicians who have questions regarding the autologous and directed donor program and serves as donor coordinator as needed.
2. Interview prospective donors to obtain detailed medical history; obtain appropriate specimens; assess donor information, laboratory data and physical condition to determine suitability of donor according to established guidelines.
3. Explain donation procedure to prospective donors, assess understanding and modify presentation to assure the informed consent is accurate.
1. Routinely perform whole blood collections and automated Trima collections (deleted therapeutic) in a manner which guarantees the
maintenance of a sterile blood path in the Blood Donor Center’s fixed site(s) and Blood Mobile(s); monitor donors/patients continuously for
alterations in vital signs and adverse reactions.
1. Maintain documentation of all procedures to meet requirements of regulatory bodies; complete quality control checks on equipment.
1. Responsible for efficient and cost effective use of supplies and reagents; monitor supply inventories to assure adequate availability.
2. Search for less costly ways of performing duties
1. Participate in continuing education opportunities available internally and/or externally.
1. Annual unscheduled absence episodes: NM: 6 or more PI: 4 - 5 or less VP: 3 or less ES: 2 or less EP: 1 or less
2. Available and punctual as scheduled