This job is archived
Join the AlliedUP team as a Bilingual Certified Medical Assistant
AlliedUP is a new kind of employer, as the first and only Allied Healthcare cooperative model designed to transform the staffing industry from a calculated labor transaction to a modern partnership that provides professionals like you with a home for life. Through above-market wages, portable health benefits, upskilling and career acceleration, as well as company ownership, dividends, and leadership opportunities, we’re making it possible for generations of professionals, your families, and your communities to prosper and thrive, putting you in control of your own futures to live your best lives.
Our Bilingual Certified Medical Assistant works as part of a Care Team and is responsible for a variety of back office medical assisting, lab, and patient education duties. Duties include preparing charts for patient visits, rooming patients, taking and recording vital signs, assisting providers with exams and administrative tasks for patient outreach and support of Lab/DI follow up as well as working as a strong and flexible member of a health care team. Medical Assistants are expected to demonstrate exceptional critical thinking, clinical, patient, and organizational relations, and time management.
Classification: Full Time / Per Diem
Hours: 7am–3:30pm OR 7:30am–4pm
Core Job Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Demonstrate knowledge of medical assisting principles and practices
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of clinic policies and procedures as well as applicable federal / state rules and regulations
- Apply technical and procedural know-how to get the job done
- Serve as a ‘resource person’ on whom others rely for advice and answers difficult questions
- Effectively gather and use information, procedures, materials, equipment and techniques required for job
- Act as a patient liaison with front office, billing staff, and providers
- Assist providers with procedures
- Demonstrate ability to effectively use Electronic Health Records system (EHR)
- Perform lab tests and documents results
- Conduct pregnancy screening, administers adult and pediatric injections, provides health information and referrals as needed
- Set up and breaks down exam rooms
- Prepare paperwork for external laboratories, sterilizes equipment in autoclave, and assists with stocking, inventory, and ordering medical/clinic supplies
- Provide patient-centered customer service at all times
- Demonstrate the ability to anticipate patients' needs and deliver services and respond to patients in a timely, accurate, courteous, respectful and friendly manner
General Job Performance Standards
KNOWLEDGE OF WORK – Possesses and utilizes knowledge of the job which is essential to perform the specific functions and related work.
QUANTITY OF WORK – Accomplishes an appropriate volume of satisfactory work under normal conditions. Ability to produce results.
QUALITY OF WORK – Consistently demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, neatness and dependability to produce work within acceptable standards.
TIMELINESS – Completes assignments on or ahead of schedule.
ABILITY TO LEARN NEW DUTIES – Interprets, learns and responds to instructions for new situations, procedures or methods.
JUDGEMENT and COMMON SENSE – Decisions/actions are sound, including safety awareness.
COOPERATION – Willing to work with others toward common goals.
COMMUNICATIONS – Demonstrates relevance and clarity of written and oral expression. Effectiveness in exchanging ideas and information.
INITIATIVE – Ability to originate, develop or create new ideas or take steps to get things done.
PROBLEM SOLVING – Identifies and evaluates alternate solutions and selection of the most appropriate course of action.
ATTENDANCE and PUNCTUALITY – Shows daily ability to be at work at scheduled time, including being prepared to work on time after breaks, meal periods, and other authorized absences from work.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Clinical Medical Assistant School indicating completion of program
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant / Certified Medical Assistant through the National Medical Assistant Certification exam (i.e. American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA)).
- Current CPR certification
- Minimum of two years back-office experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Phlebotomy experience, certificate preferred
- Good knowledge of general back-office procedures, such as taking vitals, performing venipuncture, administering immunizations, etc.
- Good comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology in English and Spanish
- Emergency response capability for possible crisis situations
Apply as New Applicant at https://alliedup.blueskymss.com/