PrimeCare Medical, Inc. is looking for enthusiastic and hard-working Certified Medical Assistants (CMA) to work either full-time on the 2nd shift or part-time on the 3rd shift in the medical department at the Berks County Jail located in Leesport, PA. The ideal Medical Assistant should be upbeat and maintain a pleasant working attitude when dealing with staff and patients.
The Medical Assistant will be responsible for a variety of daily tasks and duties including performing the initial intake screening on new receptions, taking vital signs and completing all appropriate intake forms per written protocol. In addition, the Medical Assistant will also be responsible for preparing and maintaining examination and treatment areas for the facility.
Other responsibilities for the Medical Assistant will include:
- Phoning verification of medications and medical information.
- Obtaining lab specimens as ordered by the physician (to include Venipunctures).
- Performing various treatments ordered by a Physician.
- Maintaining medication records.
- Administering tuberculin skin testing on new intakes and on annual follow-ups due on all inmates/patients.
- Typing of various reports, letters and memoranda.
- Answering telephone and process calls.
- Maintaining filing system and confidentiality of information at all times.
- Following universal precautions at all times.
- Maintaining pleasant working attitude.
- Any/all other duties and responsibilities as assigned or delegated
PrimeCare believes in offering a competitive compensation and benefits package to their employees. Standard benefits for full-time employees include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability options, Generous PTO, 401k with match, and a Tuition Assistance Program.