This job is archived
Why You’ll Love this Job
Launch your career into the future with a company that is trailblazing the way in acute wound care! We are the industry leader in treating the healthcare needs of those with chronic or challenging wounds and are looking for a Hyperbaric Oxygen Technician to join our outstanding team of professionals.
As a Hyperbaric Oxygen Technician, you will travel to various area hospitals and clinics, providing the best in quality care within a compassionate environment. You will guide patients and their families through the entire process of care by assessing their needs, educating them on procedures, administering the prescribed hyperbaric oxygen therapy and then, following up to ensure all needs have been met successfully.
If you are an EMT or UHMS certified, have BLS and CPR training, and would want to be part of a clinically focused company where you will improve lives, apply today!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the cleanliness & safe operation of the hyperbaric chamber(s) along with related equipment
- Responsible for safely administering hyperbaric oxygen therapy to the patient
- Maintain current daily chamber and equipment logs
- Document patient vital signs and monitor glucose levels prior to and following therapy
- Determine each patient’s psychological, psychosocial, safety and educational needs using clinical assessment skills accurately
- Coordinate the education and training for the patient and their family
- Demonstrate ability to follow physician orders and appropriately case manage patient care
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Approved education requirement for Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS) certification
- Some hospital experience
- Must have CPR and BLS certification by AHA
- ACLS certification preferred
- Exceptional communication and time management skills
- Efficient with a quick response time
TalentCare is a disruptive, data-driven healthcare recruiting firm with clinical and non-clinical positions nationwide. You will hear about exclusive, direct hire job openings that provide you career mobility and growth. With TalentCare on your side, you are:
- Matched with jobs based on advanced predictive analytics, so you will fit and perform well
- Hired directly by the client company, whether full-time or part-time
- Never hounded by other firms about our job openings – they’re all 100% exclusive