This job is archived
At National Staffing Solutions, we have the privilege and honor of working with dedicated healthcare professionals that make a positive impact in aiding those needing healthcare services across the U.S. every day.
It is our passion, drive and integrity that enables us to continue our focus in assisting remarkable healthcare professionals like yourself in solidifying the best career opportunities available to you.
We’re currently seeking a Medical Office Assistant to join our amazing team.
Details of the Medical Office Assistant opening:
- Anticipated start date: ASAP
- Salary Range: $17/hour
- Anticipated duration of assignment: 26 weeks
- Anticipated schedule: FT / 9a-5p / 2 Saturdays a month 9a-2p
- Enjoy peace of mind knowing you can elect Day One Medical Benefits
Daily Range of Responsibilities of the Medical Office Assistant:
- Receives and screens telephone calls and visitors to the office. Determines the need(s) of the caller/visitor and addresses them accordingly, providing information per organization policy. Refers inquires of a technical nature to an appropriate staff member. Takes and forwards messages.
- Schedules appointments for patients including coordinating appointments with other medical offices and for tests, including pre-admissions testing. Confirms appointments. May give instructions to patient, explain an upcoming exam, and/or answer questions. Maintains calendar(s) for a physician, staff, and/or department/clinic including patient appointments, meetings, etc. Collects needed information (including patient charts prior to appointment/meeting and may brief attendees.
- Completes preliminary registration for new patients and updates information on existing patient) in the organization’s scheduling system. Obtains necessary demographic information, signatures, copies, etc. Verifies all information.
- Receives, opens, and date stamps incoming mail. Reviews, sorts, and directs mail to the appropriate person in accordance with departmental policy.
Qualifications for the Medical Office Assistant:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must possess organizational and problem-solving skills, exceptional communication and customer service and a strong attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills.
- This job may require sitting for long periods, bending, twisting and occasionally lifting more than 10 pounds.
- All applicants must be fully vaccinated per the CDC and State guidelines
Submit your resume to us today for consideration of the Medical Office Assistant opening and one of our dedicated recruiters will be in touch within 24 business hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.