Matrix Providers - Caring for America's military family.
Not just leading the way, but leading the industry. Your success is our business.
Matrix Providers is hiring a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) to join our team of talented professionals who provide healthcare services to our Military Service Members and their families in San Diego, CA.
- Employment Status: Full Time
- Compensation: This is an hourly position, $18.92 to $27.65.
- Schedule: Monday thru Friday, between 7:00 am - 5:00 pm. Shifts will normally be scheduled for a 9-hour period, including an uncompensated 60-minute lunch break.
- Benefits: Competitive financial package with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
Requirements: The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) must have and meet the following:
- Degree: Certificate
- Education: Graduate from a medical assistant training program accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) of the American Medical Graduate from a medical assistant training program accredited by the following programs: Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC); Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS); Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET); and Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior College (ACCJC).
- Experience: One year of experience as a Medical Assistant after graduation.
- Certification: Certified Medical Assistant Only: Current certification as a medical assistant by the American Association of Medical Assistants or Current registration by the American Medical Technologists or other formal programs.
- Prepare examination rooms before the patient's arrival.
- Assist with patient check-ins, admissions, discharges, and transfers as directed.
- Check the patient's vital signs, including temperature, respiration, pulse, weight, blood pressure, and pulse oximeter reading.
- Obtain and document the patient's current medical history, drug history, chief complaints, allergies, and vital signs on the correct form.
- Perform diagnostic procedures when ordered.
- Maintained examination room stock levels and performed routine maintenance of examination rooms.
- Complete lab and x-ray requisitions in accordance with clinic policies.
- Enter demographic data into the computer upon patient check-in; enter diagnosis and departing time when the patient is released.
Matrix Providers is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please [Register to View] To learn more about our Benefits Packages, please see [Register to View]
Matrix Providers endeavors to make [Register to View] accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please get in touch with our Recruiting Hotline Number, 1-[Register to View] , TTY LINE, [Register to View] . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.