Certified Medical Assistant - 4 - 10 hr shifts including every other Saturday
$18.50 – $20.00 • hourly
Holy Name Medical Center
Job Title: Medical Assistant
Position Summary: Functions as a member of the Patient Registration team providing pre-admission testing service.
Education: High School Graduate. Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program.
Skills: Knowledge of venipuncture and EKG. Requires a thorough knowledge of medical terminology. Ability to work independently. Requires good communication skills and telephone techniques. Must work well under pressure. Must have a thorough knowledge of ancillary testing procedures and hospital operations.
Experience: Minimum of two or three years hospital or physician’s office experience required.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Performs venipunctures and EKGs on all PAT patients as required and manually transcribes documentation on requisitions. Explains testing procedure to patient prior to test.
- Receives specimens from patients and manually transcribes appropriate documentation on requisitions.
- Hand delivers patients specimens to the Laboratory.
- Manually documents information required for patients’ specimens and tests completed, in various ancillary department medical records.
- Retrieves patients PAT results from ancillary departments.
- Visually reviews test results for completion and abnormalities. Notifies the physicians’ offices via phone of any abnormalities.
- Maintains open communication with all ancillary departments, Laboratory and Cardiographics.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality.
- Prepares PAT patients by scheduling appointments, manually entering all information into computer system. Prepares testing packages.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service