Direct Patient Care Competency: Administers care that is individualized and consistent with the standards for Art Therapy
- Provides psychotherapy either collectively, in a group setting, or individually.
- Responsible for providing behavioral health services and participates in diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation, evaluation and follow-up of patients or clients.
- Administers screening assessments and other clinical tests and interprets their results.
- Writes reports and keeps records.
- Provides art therapy and basic care management services to the mentally ill in a clinical setting.
- Communicates with follow up to providers after patient is discharged from Program.
- Assists patients/families in most effective way to provide for concrete service needs (vocational, education, entitlement).
- Accurately evaluates, documents patient’s response to therapeutic interventions, on a timely basis.
Competency: Provides creative arts therapy. Expectations:
- A strong knowledge and understanding of the theory and practice of psychotherapy and the role art can play in treatment
- Assess client needs or disorders, using drawing, painting, sculpting, or other artistic processes.
- Communicate client assessment findings and recommendations in oral, written, audio, video, or other forms. Conduct art therapy sessions providing guided self-expression experiences to help clients recover from or cope with cognitive, emotional, or physical impairments.
- Design art therapy sessions or programs to meet client's goals or objectives.
- Instruct individuals or groups in the use of art media, such as paint, clay, or yarn.
Communication/Interpersonal Skills Competency: Fosters/maintains positive public relations with patients, families, visitors and staff
- Demonstrates ability to interact in positive/helpful manner with patients, visitors, physicians, co-workers.
- Uses effective problem solving techniques and is able to resolve complaints and implement solutions.
- Demonstrates proper telephone technique and etiquette.
- Shows sensitivity to differences in culture.
- Presents self in a professional image to internal and external agencies staff.
- Participates with the health care team to maintain continuity of care.
- Consults with and advises representatives of interested groups in furthering the program regarding the care and therapy of patients or clients.
For more information please submit your resume. You can also send it directly to [Register to View]
JOB ID : KD3