Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications: Permanent, Full-time Position
Under the general direction and supervision of Senior Histology Laboratory personnel, the HISTOTECHNICIAN IHC technician will effectively apply a “ general ” working knowledge and skill of designated HISTOTECHNICIAN IHC technician related duties and tasks, in support of the Department as a whole, to complete the daily assigned Histology workload.
• Performance of “routine” preventive maintenance procedures.
• Perform antibody validations
• Perform equipment validations
• Operation automated IHC stainer
• Troubleshoot quality issues
• Operation of the automated cover slipper(s).
• Create and or monitor essential documents through the daily operation
• Exchanging of instrument specific reagents at designated intervals.
• Timely completion of instrument specific QC documentation when applicable.
• Daily maintenance of cleanliness and neatness of Lab and instrumentation in all aspects.
• Proper handling and disposal of chemical waste.
• Immediate notification to supervisory personnel of malfunctioning instrumentation.
• QC/QA of all antibodies.
• Timely distribution of completed patient materials to assigned pathologists.
• Immediate notification of existing and/or potential problems to the proper authority
• Assist supervisor with day-to-day administration of Histology Laboratory. Defined duties include:
• Compliance with all Federal and State regulations pertaining to histology. Specifically:
• Reviews slides for overall quality of preparation such as staining intensity, proper cover slipping and stain artifacts to help insure accurate diagnosis.
- Must Possess New York State License
- Associate Degree or BS in Science or related Field
- Must possess a thorough working knowledge of the IHC staining procedures, Histochemical staining procedure and routine Histology procedures to accomplish the Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Must be able to work with hazardous chemicals.
Looking to Relocate? I can be a resource for that!
Qualified? CLICK and APPLY NOW!