(Reference Code: JAW1399)
Grossing Histotechnologist needed in Nevada!
This is a full-time, permanent position.
A new opening has come available with a fantastic reference laboratory in northern Nevada for a Grossing Histotechnologist. This is an excellent chance for an experienced Technologist that is looking for stability and a setting that offers opportunities for growth.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 10:30 AM - 7:00 PM with a 30-minute lunch break
Responsible for performing IHC stains on the Leica BOND III, including instrument maintenance and inventory management.
Provides support to the histology department, including:
- Benchwork (may include embedding, always includes microtomy)
- Manual special stains
- Maintaining appropriate QA/QC records.
o Generally from 10:30 am – 3 pm.
- Provides support to the daily gross load, including:
- Gross examination of non-complex specimens such as biopsies and needle cores, appendix, gallbladder, lipoma, derms, etc.
- The expected volume is around 90+ specimens per day.
o Generally from 3 pm – 7 pm.
- HTL (ASCP) required
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least 1 year of experience required
- A minimum of 3 years grossing experience is preferred, but not required
We offer a generous benefits package with paid time off and holiday pay for the 6 major holidays each year.