Seeking a Full Time Histology Operations Manager to join a great team in the Atlanta area!
-This is a full time/permanent role offering competitive compensation and benefits
-Southwest Atlanta location
-HT ASCP certification and at least 5 years of relevant Histology/Management experience required
Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 4:30pm
This Operations Manager is responsible for the development and management of the histology laboratory, accessioning, and transcription department operations with emphasis on: day-to-day operations; developing mechanisms to measure, monitor, and improve specimen processing quality and report turnaround times; and maintaining good relationships with customers, physicians, and colleagues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Support companies mission, vision, goals and management decisions.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate histology operations and workflow, making changes as needed to ensure optimal quality, efficiency, productivity, and turnaround times.
- Communicate with clients, sales and marketing, staff, pathologists, and administration regarding laboratory issues and client needs/ concerns.
- Provide leadership and manage assigned departments, make decisions, solve problems, develop procedures, and conduct and attend meetings.
- Maintain required departmental statistical records and reports.
- Manage the employee hiring process including developing and updating job descriptions in conjunction with Human Resources, developing performance expectations, and identifying essential functions, knowledge, skills and abilities required for applicable positions.
- Manage employee performance by coaching, counseling, motivating, and evaluating employees on a continual basis. Implement disciplinary action as needed and in consultation with Human Resources.
- Ensure effective employee relations by sustaining an ethical, non-discriminatory and safe work environment and establishing effective communication lines and methods. Identify and solve employee problems, manage conflict, and respond to grievances as needed.
- Establish and execute departmental long and short-term goals. Assist in the strategic development of the laboratory services.
- Achieve budget profitability objectives through controlling costs and/or increasing market share by effectively utilizing personnel and resources.
- Oversee departmental training.
- Maintain appropriate standards to meet all licensing and regulatory requirements and uphold company policies and integrity.
- Exercise all laboratory safety precautions and adhere to lab procedures as stated in procedure manuals.
- Perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the industry’s best security practices and regulatory guidelines to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information and other sensitive company data.
- Must be familiar with and abide by the Corporate Compliance Program and all corporate policies, including the Privacy and Security policies.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE:
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Postsecondary education is required.
- HT ASCP registry is required.
- Maintain appropriate continuing education for certification/licensure and to increase basic knowledge.
- Minimum of five years of experience with relevant histology methods and tools is required.
- Management experience is required.
For more information please submit your resume! You can also send it directly to [Register to View]
JOB ID: KD232 - Still hiring during COVID-19!