Seeking a full time Histology Technologist / Histotechnician to join an industry leading laboratory! ASCP Certification and must have or be willing to obtain the TN state license!
A Histotechnician (HT) prepares human body tissue for examination by other laboratory professionals. The person in this position performs embedding, microtomy, and all related histology tasks. This position also performs special stain and IHC procedures as directed.
- Embed all types of tissue
- Section all types of paraffin embedded tissue
- Follow set protocols and procedures for embedding and microtomy
- Keep embedding area, microtome, and workstation clean and clutter free and maintain proper QC
- Maintain fresh solutions, stains and/or re-agents
- Perform special stain and/or IHC procedures as directed
- Assist with case assembly and distribution as needed
- File blocks and slides as needed
- Properly handle and dispose of hazardous waste
- Assists in documentation and maintaining effective department QA programs and monitors.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must have either formal Histology training or on-the-job Histology training experience.
Maintains appropriate continuing education for certification, TN State License and ASCP
- Minimum of one year experience working in a histology lab, performing microtomy and/or embedding is required.
For more details please submit your resume! You can also send it directly to [Register to View]
JOB ID: KD420