Seeking a full time Anatomic Pathology Manager with Histology Experience to join a great team in the Westchester County area!
-The schedule is Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
-Histology Experience Required
The Anatomic Pathology Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the Pathology and Cytology Laboratory including the Molecular Lab. The Anatomic Pathology Manager is responsible to ensure specimens are handled properly and for obtaining accurate patient identification and reliability of all patients reports. Under his/her supervision, both patient and Q.C. material are performed accurately for pathological interpretation and in a timely manner. The Anatomic Pathology Manager also assures the delivery of quality department/clinical services in accordance with established hospital and regulatory/accreditation agency standards.
- Bachelor of Science degree with Biology major
- Certification as a Histology Technologist under CLEP
- Current New York State professional Histology license
- 5-6 years managerial experience in anatomic pathology
- Broad knowledge of tests performed and equipment utilized in the laboratory with proper follow up.
- Ability to deal with confidential information with the utmost discretion
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to deal courteously and effectively with administration, peers and the public
- Sufficient technical ability to be able to troubleshoot independently and knowledge to know when to ask for assistance
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Oversees all testing performed under his/her supervision is according to established, approved procedures and quality control policies.
- Ensures that all testing is done under optimal conditions (i.e. Instruments functioning properly; reagents in good condition and proper technique followed.)
- Monitor section shifts (evening-nights) and meets with staff at least 4 times a year.
- Responsible and accountable for the overall operations of the Pathology department. Overall operations of the department include development of department goals and objectives that are consistent with mission, the management of personnel, preparing/monitoring of and accountability for the department budgets.
- Assures employee compliance with policies and procedures
- Assures that employee competency and education requirements are satisfied as per hospital policy.
- Attends Management/Leadership meetings as scheduled/required and communicates hospital policies, performance improvement initiatives and all other required information to their staff.
- Assures the provision of a safe employee/patient environment.
- Maintains knowledge related to the operations of their department.
- Works collaboratively with all levels of interdisciplinary team and promotes the team concept within their department.
- Demonstrates positive customer service, fosters positive employee relations and assures that staff adhere to the Customer Service Standards.
- Is supportive of initiatives and projects and functions as a positive change agent.
- Promotes a positive and professional image and is a role model, coach, mentor and resource for staff and peers.
- Reviews and all technical procedures performed in areas of responsibility and maintain explanation of such in manual form.
- Prepares and submits Laboratory Quality Assurance, Accreditation, and Safety reports as per department policy.
- Writes and revises all section procedure manuals as needed.
- Evaluates and implements new instrumentation and methodologies.
- Ensures that maintenance procedures are performed as needed and are well documented.
- Performs technical duties as needed.
- Evaluates reference laboratories’ procedures and TAT for section.
- Coordinates and maintains all laboratory computer reports formats.
- Interviews, hires, evaluate, counsels and terminates employees as per policy.
- Conducts monthly staff meetings to update staff and/or address department issues and records meeting minutes for all staff.
- Monitor equipment utilized in the laboratory with proper follow up, and corrective action.
- Utilizes multiple methodologies to communicate information.
- Complies with all policies and OSHA regulations related to safety, cleanliness and infection control.
- Performs other duties as directed by competent authority.
We provide a modern office environment, state-of-the-art equipment and technology as well as competitive benefits and salary. Our benefits include medical, dental, free copays for employees who see company physicians, discounted vision glasses, life insurance, AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401k and profit sharing, flexible spending plans, and more. Our company has also been GreatRated! as a Great Place to Work, the global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures.
For more details please submit your resume! You can also send it directly to [Register to View]
JOB ID: KD232