Seeking a full-time Histotechnician for our laboratory in Westchester County, NY!
-The schedule is Monday - Friday 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
-The Histotechnician is accountable for the accuracy and reliability of all testing run under his/her supervision, both patient and Q.C. material; and performing accurately tissue sections for pathological interpretation in a timely manner.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all testing performed under his/her supervision is according to established, approved procedures and quality control policies.
- Ensures that all testing is done under optimal conditions (ie. Instruments functioning properly; reagents in good condition and proper technique followed.)
- Embed tissue specimen early morning using best technique possible to make sure that tissue is properly oriented onto the block.
- Cut paraffin blocks meeting section protocol according to tissue site.
- Assist with special stains and tissue control slides for special stains and immunhistochemistry.
- Change and/or rotates reagents on tissue processors, Leica stainer as needed, with daily QC.
- Record daily Quality Control of all instruments used in job description, maintaining proper documentation of record temperatures, instruments cleaning, and troubleshooting.
- Investigates and resolves problems; informs laboratory manager of any and all serious problems.
- File Surgical Blocks daily.
- Maintains Distilled Water System QC and in working condition at all times.
- Assist with accessioning as needed.
- Maintain in working order Cassette and Slide printers (Leica)
- Discard Surgical Specimens weekly, with formalin neutralization.
- Maintain control of Xylene waste removal with proper follow up.
- Responsible for receiving and keeping track of all laboratory supplies and letting the Manager know when orders need to be follow up with vendors.
- Responsible for the maintenance and retention of all documents needed for Federal/State inspections as directed by the Manager.
- Complies with all policies and OSHA regulations related to safety, cleanliness and infection control
- HT degree or equivalent Certification as a lab technologist under CLIA
- Certified Histological Technician NY State license
- Broad knowledge of tests performed and equipment utilized in the laboratory
- Ability to deal with confidential information with the utmost discretion
- Strong customer service skills are necessary to deal courteously and effectively with administration, peers and the public
- Sufficient technical ability to be able to troubleshoot independently
We provide a modern office environment, state-of-the-art equipment and technology as well as competitive benefits and salary. Our benefits include medical, dental, free copays for employees who see company physicians, discounted vision glasses, life insurance, AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401k and profit sharing, flexible spending plans, and more. Company has also been GreatRated! as a Great Place to Work, the global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures.
For more details please submit your resume! You can also send it directly to [Register to View]