Experienced Histology Technician Needed in NY!
*Full time and permanent position*
Looking to join an award winning medical group in the Hudson Valley? We are looking for an experienced histology technician to join our team on evening shift ASAP!
The Histotechnician is accountable for the accuracy and reliability of all testing run under his/her supervision, both patient and Q.C. material; and performing accurately tissue sections for pathological interpretation in a timely manner.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all testing performed under his/her supervision is according to established, approved procedures and quality control policies.
- Ensures that all testing is done under optimal conditions (ie. Instruments functioning properly; reagents in good condition and proper technique followed.)
- Embed tissue specimen early morning using best technique possible to make sure that tissue is properly oriented onto the block.
- Cut paraffin blocks meeting section protocol according to tissue site.
- Assist with special stains and tissue control slides for special stains and immunhistochemistry.
- Change and/or rotates reagents on tissue processors, Leica stainer as needed, with daily QC.
- Record daily Quality Control of all instruments used in job description, maintaining proper documentation of record temperatures, instruments cleaning, and troubleshooting.
- Investigates and resolves problems; informs laboratory manager of any and all serious problems.
- File Surgical Blocks daily.
- Maintains Distilled Water System QC and in working condition at all times.
- Assist with accessioning as needed.
- Maintain in working order Cassette and Slide printers (Leica)
- Discard Surgical Specimens weekly, with formalin neutralization.
- Maintain control of Xylene waste removal with proper follow up.
- Responsible for receiving and keeping track of all laboratory supplies and letting the Manager know when orders need to be follow up with vendors.
- Responsible for the maintenance and retention of all documents needed for Federal/State inspections as directed by the Manager.
- Complies with all WMG policies and OSHA regulations related to safety, cleanliness and infection control
- HT degree and equivalent Certification as a lab technologist under CLEP
- NY State license is required
- Broad knowledge of tests performed and equipment utilized in the laboratory
- Ability to deal with confidential information with the utmost discretion
- Strong customer service skills are necessary to deal courteously and effectively with administration, peers and the public
- Sufficient technical ability to be able to troubleshoot independently
For more information please submit your resume directly for review or send an updated resume to [Register to View]