Pathologist Assistant (Histology) Needed in Northern Tennessee!
*Full time and permanent position*
Looking to join an award winning lab as a Certified Pathologist Assistant? One of Tennessee's top laboratories is currently looking for a full time and permanent certified Pathologist Assistant to join their team. With state of the art equipment and a well known and respected name, this laboratory is one of our top clients offering competitive benefits and compensation.
About the Position:
- Evening Shift 3:30pm-Midnight (Mon-Fri)
- This position is responsible for gross dictation and gross examination of tissue specimens, functioning independently under the direction of a Pathologist.
- Submit and dictate all surgical specimens for processing.
- Maintain and keep cutting room properly supplied.
- Photograph specimens as designated by pathologist.
- Prepare tissue to be sent out for further testing such as lymphoma phenotyping, quantitative iron studies, etc.
- Review procedure manuals and stay current with procedural changes that have occurred.
- Review and study under pathologist guidance designated continuing educational material.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE:
- Bachelor degree is required.
- ASCP or equivalent certification.
- Maintains appropriate continuing education for certification/licensure, and to increase basic knowledge.
- Two years’ experience as a Pathologist Assistant or successful completion of a formal pathologist assistant training program.
If interested please submit your resume directly for review, email an updated copy of your resume to [Register to View] or call