Come join our team! We have an immediate need for a Lab Assistant in our Pathology Lab! If you are ready to make an impact every day, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, then a career at our company may be the perfect fit for you!
**Ideal candidates will be interested in furthering their career as a Histo Tech.** This is a full time, 3rd shift opening.
The Lab Assistant is responsible for accessioning specimens, preparing slide trays, filing of blocks and slides, and assisting with all aspects of lab organization and maintenance. Duties include:
- Receive specimens into lab, prepare specimens and blocks for grossing, prepare blocks for techs after embedding
- Release orders in LIS.
- Prepare 70% and 80% ROH solutions following proper procedure.
- Change solutions on H&E stainer daily.
- Assist with H&E slide preparation, including loading and unloading of slides into/from auto-stainer, and operating cover slipper.
- May perform tissue embedding and cutting of blocks upon completion of in-house training and competency assessment.
- Prepare slide trays and requisitions prior to delivery to pathologists.
- Perform a.m. and p.m. opening and closing duties as assigned.
- Receiving and stocking of general lab supplies.
- Slide, block, and requisition filing.
- Associate’s Degree in a science related field is preferred.
- Previous experience in a lab environment is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be flexible with hours to meet work flow demands.
- Knowledge of general medical terminology is preferred.
- Ability to type a minimum of 45 wpm with minimal errors is preferred.
- Ability to understand physician’s instructions/handwriting and know when to seek additional information or clarification.
Here are just a few things we offer:
- Great pay and benefits
- Access to health, dental, and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and long term disability
- Access to voluntary short term disability insurance and additional life insurance
- Very attactive retirement package
- Generous PTO / holiday schedule
- Employee discounts
- And much more!
For more details please submit your resume. You can also send it directly to [Register to View]
JOB ID: KD232