Full-time Histotech needed at a top facility in North Carolina!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Currently looking to hire an HTT/HT/HTL on 3rd shift. Hours are 10:00pm to 6:30am. The shift starts on Sunday night and ends on Friday morning at 6:30am.
Job Summary: Prepares histologic slides from human tissue sections for microscopic examination and diagnosis by Pathologist.
- Prepares sections of human tissue for microscopic examination and patient diagnosis, using techniques to gross (dissect tissue), embed (orient specimen in paraffin block), section (cut thin sections of tissue), stain (enhance contrast of tissue and highlight specific features of interest with routine hematoxylin and eosin stains), and mount tissue (adhere tissue onto glass slides), from surgical procedures.
- Operates computerized laboratory equipment to fix, dehydrate, and infiltrate with wax, tissue specimens to be preserved for study by Pathologist.
- Maintains laboratory equipment and tracks all routine maintenance and quality controls performed.
- Files, retrieves, and distributes blocks, slides, and pathology reports.
- Operates, cleans, and sterilizes laboratory equipment, glassware, instruments and workstation.
- Disposes of hazardous chemical wastes per regulatory guidelines.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
Minimum requirements include:
Associates Degree in the field of Laboratory Science and Certified or Eligible for the ASCP.
Completion of a Histology program accredited by the NAACLS or minimum of one year experience in Histology and competent in embedding, microtomy, and special stains.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: [Register to View]