(Reference Code: JAW1026)
High complexity laboratory on Long Island is looking for a New York State Licensed Histotechnician or Histotechnologist to join their team! Excellent opportunity for a Tech that is looking for an enhanced experience and the opportunity to delve deeper into the field of Histology. The organization provides opportunities to cross train and has an excellent benefits package.
This is great position for a new graduate looking to build on their experience or an established Tech looking for an organization that is willing to help you progress towards your professional goals!
In this role you will:
- Embed, cut, stain and coverslip specimens
- Set up specimens and their paperwork for grossing
- Maintain the tissue processor, embedding centers, microtomes, stainers and coverslipper
- Ensure specimen integrity by adhering to the laboratory’s procedure for specimen handling and processing
- Adhere to departmental policies and procedures to include departmental programs, quality control, quality assurance, and safety
- New York State License
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Clinical Lab Science, Medical Technology or related degree, preferred
- ASCP (preferred)
For more information, please Apply Now or send a copy of your updated resume to [Register to View]