Seeking a full time Histotechnician or Histology Technologist to join a great team on Long Island!
-The position is Monday through Friday, early morning shift.
-Position requirements include:
- One year of histology laboratory experience required (Pathology or Academic)
- New York State Certified Clinical Laboratory Technician or Pathologist’s Assistant license required
- ASCP certified Histology Technician or Technologist highly preferred
-The position offers a competitive salary plus full comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, 401-K, Company sponsored life insurance, identity theft protection, long term disability insurance, emergency travel protection and employee assistance program.
Accountable for the sectioning and staining of tissue and slides for microscopic diagnosis while
maintaining critical focus on quality.
Essential Key Responsibilities
1. Cuts blocks/tissue performing all technical procedures required to prepare tissue and slides in a timely
and accurate manner while maintaining the highest standard of quality in tissue embedding, cutting of
blocks (microtomy), H&E staining, special stains and immuno stains (immuno stains where applicable).
2. Maintains laboratory equipment in proper working order to ensure consistent, high quality function.
3. Monitors equipment functionality and provides timely reports on variables or degraded quality to
laboratory management for prompt attention.
4. Improves laboratory efficiencies by detecting and communicating technical and logistical problems to
laboratory management for resolution.
5. Disposes of hazardous chemical waste per regulatory guidelines (limited function – will be assigned to
specific trained personnel).
6. Supports with assistance the performance of other laboratory functions/tasks as needed to enhance
7. Keeps company integrity by maintaining security and confidentiality of all data, procedures and data
For more information please submit your resume. You can also send it directly to [Register to View]
JOB ID: KD5