This is a full time permanent position. Positions are eligible for relocation assistance and temporary housing if needed.
The Histotechnologist prepares slides of human tissue for microscopic examination by embedding and cutting tissues, mounting on slides, and staining with special dyes to make the details visible under the microscope. This role may also perform limited Immunohistochemistry duties that could include preparing slides and antibodies for loading on IHC strainers. Staff are responsible for performing basic preventative maintenance on equipment, using laboratory computer systems to obtain relevant patient information and input data and recognizing problems, identifying causes (technical, instrument or physiological), synthesizing alternatives and determining solutions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Certification as a Histotechnologist (or equivalent) by a recognized professional organization (e.g., ASCP, AMT) is preferred
Must meet CLIA “88” requirement for complex testing
- Knowledge of histology laboratory functions, practices and procedures acquired through a Baccalaureate degree in Histotechnology or an equivalent science in partnership with histologic technical training
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Successful experience working with mathematical concepts such as probability, statistical inference, fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions and applying them to practical situations
- Proven ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Strong skills in writing reports and correspondence
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits program, including: company paid health and dental insurance; vision insurance; 401(k); tuition assistance; Paid Time Off Program and discounted home and auto insurance. You’ll also enjoy the employee discounts you’ll receive with our ‘Perks Card’ and neat benefits like discounts on pet insurance, cell phones and more!
For more information please submit your resume. You can also email it directly to [Register to View]
JOB ID: KD57