Reference Code: NEC0949
Histology Manager Job Opening
Job Summary: Responsible for administering, planning, and coordinating all work production in the Histology Department while assisting with implementing laboratory policies, procedures, manuals, continuing education programs and safety initiatives to improve operating efficiency and effectiveness of medical services.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
• Oversees day-to-day operations of the Histology Department and establishes guidelines to prioritize work production, evaluate effectiveness and improve the quality of services provided.
• Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, disciplining and evaluating all histology personnel.
• Assures proper maintenance of laboratory equipment and approves ordering of supplies and services.
• Delegates authority, prioritizes work activities, resolves problems, prepares schedules, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
• Prepares, administers and monitors practice budget.
• Develops and implements laboratory policies, procedures, manuals, continuing education programs and safety initiatives to improve operating efficiency and effectiveness of medical services.
• Provides guidance, resources, and support to Physicians, management and laboratory
Education, Experience Criteria & Other Requirements:
• Associates Degree in the field of Laboratory Science or equivalent under the 1988 Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) guidelines of high complexity testing.
• State licensure, if applicable.
• Board of Certification (BOC) by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP).
• Minimum of six (6) years’ experience as a Histology Technician or Histotechnologist and (2) years’ experience as a Histology Supervisor.
• Successful completion of a pre-employment visual color discrimination test.
• Successful completion of annual education units per state licensure and/or ASCP guidelines.
For consideration please forward updated resumes to