Full-time Histology Manager needed at a Laboratory in New Jersey!
(Reference Code: KAM)
There will be some Saturdays required with the position. In addition to the education and experience requirements, it is very important that candidates have supervisory or managerial experience in Histology!
Job Summary: Responsible for administering, planning, and coordinating all work production in the Histology Department while assisting with implementing laboratory policies, procedures, manuals, continuing education programs and safety initiatives to improve operating efficiency and effectiveness of medical services.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Oversees day-to-day operations of the Histology Department and establishes guidelines to prioritize work production, evaluate effectiveness and improve the quality of services provided.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, disciplining and evaluating all histology personnel.
- Assures proper maintenance of laboratory equipment and approves ordering of supplies and services.
- Delegates authority, prioritizes work activities, resolves problems, prepares schedules, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
- Prepares, administers and monitors practice budget.
- Develops and implements laboratory policies, procedures, manuals, continuing education programs and safety initiatives to improve operating efficiency and effectiveness of medical services.
- Provides guidance, resources, and support to Physicians, management and laboratory personnel.
- Controls staffing costs and growth by evaluating staffing ratios, competencies and requirements.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory and licensure entities.
- Represents the laboratory and company at professional and society conferences on a local and national level.
- Prepares sections of human tissue for immediate examination, using rapid tissue processing and frozen section technique to freeze, cut, gross, mount, process, embed and stain tissue specimen received from surgery, biopsy, & anatomical tissues.
- Correctly operates computerized laboratory equipment to fix, dehydrate, and infiltrate with wax, tissue specimens to be preserved for study by Pathologist.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information concerning, patients, physicians, employees, clients, vendors, and the Company.
- Complies with all State, Federal, professional regulations as well as department rules, polices, and procedural manuals.
- Adherence to HIPAA, Safety and OSHA Regulations.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Complies with all State, Federal, professional regulations as well as company and departmental rules, polices, and procedural manuals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience Criteria & Other Requirements:
* Associates Degree in the field of Laboratory Science or equivalent under the 1988 Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) guidelines of high complexity testing.
* State licensure, if applicable.
* Board of Certification (BOC) by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP).
* Minimum of six (6) years’ experience as a Histology Technician or Histotechnologist and (2) years’ experience as a Histology Supervisor.
* Successful completion of a pre-employment visual color discrimination test.
* Successful completion of annual education units per state licensure and/or ASCP guidelines.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.