Seeking a full time Histology Technician to join our team in Salem, OR!
-This position will be working M-F early morning day time schedule.
Job Summary:Prepares, cuts, stains, and mounts tissue sections on slides to assist pathologists in making correct diagnosis of patient disease, cause of death, and in studies of pathology phenomena.
Essential Key Responsibilities:
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Complies with all State, Federal, professional regulations as well as company and departmental rules, polices, and procedural manuals.
- Adherence to CAP, CLIA, State Regulations, HIPAA, Safety and OSHA Regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- HT or HTL (ASCP) certification preferred.
- Minimum:H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent
Completion from a NACCLS approved school of Histotechnology and 2 years of verifiable on the job training and eligible for State of NV licensure as an HT, HTL, or Specialty Technician.
All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of education, knowledge, skills and/or experience necessary to proficiently perform the job. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
- Knowledge of basic laboratory procedures and practices.
- Ability to operate, maintain and troubleshoot all instruments and equipment authorized within the Anatomical Pathology Department.
- Experienced and trained in all phases of histology.
- Oriented to safety and quality assurance procedures with ability to function within or above regulatory agency requirements.
- Capable of performing multiple tasks such as mentoring, documentation, self-performance review and workflow analysis and improvement.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted activities
- Ability to look beyond daily functions to implement higher standards through evaluation and education
- Advocate an example of team concept
- Superior interpersonal communication: tactful, mature, flexible and professional
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; resourceful and organized
- Assumes other duties as assigned by management
- Understands and observes all confidentiality and HIPAA provisions
- Recognizes and conveys to management any departmental improvements necessary
- Responsible for all equipment in assigned areas of work
- Must obey all safety rules and regulations at all times
For more details on this position please submit your resume for review.