This job is archived
Full- time Histology Supervisor needed at a top facility in beautiful Tampa, Florida
The Histology Supervisor oversees the daily operations of the Histology laboratory section. This oversight includes technical supervision of all departmental processes, testing procedures, as well as management and supervision of personnel. This position supervises ~18 employees who are responsible for processing all specimens that come from the OR and clinics. The supervisor is responsible for the completion of performance appraisals, competency, and addressing any performance or conduct related issues with staff. The supervisor is responsible for ensuring compliance with all regulatory and accreditation requirements pertaining to the processing of specimens and the performance of all histology procedures. Works under the supervision of a Department Medical Director to ensure quality, problem resolution, and validation / implementation of new tests and technologies. Additional duties include budget review and preparation, and inventory management. The supervisor may also perform the duties of a technologist or assistant as workload requires.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- HTL and Supervisor certification.
- Minimum of five years experience in the clinical laboratory setting, knowledge of clinical laboratory processes and workflow, experience with laboratory information systems.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot technical problems, adapt positively to change, and supervise a diverse team of personnel.
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Relevant supervisory experience preferred.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!