This job is archived
Maxim Healthcare Services is currently seeking a Safety Supervisor to provide occupational health and safety services in a warehouse setting.
The Safety Specialist provides technical support and tactical execution in the implementation of Environmental, Health and Safety programs within assigned fulfillment center.
- Completed BA Degree in a safety related field.
- Willingness to work weekends and/or overnight shifts.
- Serve as designated safety representative of assigned fulfillment center (FC), coordinating and implementing all areas of the Global Safety Program as directed by Safety Manager of the regional node.
- Influence behavior and inspire commitment on the part of all personnel in complying with safety standards and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Conduct training and coach associates on observed work habits in support of this effort.
- Support management’s efforts to ensure compliance with corporate Safety Program expectations and applicable federal and state law. Identify and inform management of compliance issues, safety risks and improvement opportunities through the conduct of daily, weekly and monthly audits.
- Conduct risk assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard Analysis) and new equipment introductions. Recommend appropriate risk mitigation measures to management, including ergonomic considerations, in all such efforts.
- Facilitate incident investigation process.
- Maintain accurate daily, weekly and monthly metrics reporting to onsite management teams and corporate based reporting systems.
- Maintain required paperwork to comply with standards.
- Provide (or facilitate access to) immediate aid for associates, visitors, vendors, or guests that need assistance, or medical attention.
- Enter Safety Incident Information in Metrics database in a timely manner.
- Perform Safety Observations & Audits.
- Train and assist others (Area Managers, Safety Team Members, etc.) to complete their Safety responsibilities (Audits, Follow Safety Rules, etc.).
- Perform Specific Safety Training as required by the Safety Manager.
- Strong communication, teamwork, analysis, judgment and customer focus skills.
- Ability to analyze accident data, new processes, and machinery for potential safety concerns and conduct job hazard and job safety analyses.
- Passion for Safety.
- Able to maintain confidentiality in matters involving security and/or personnel issue.