This job is archived
We have a Genetic Counselor opening at Madigan Army Medical Center in Tacoma, WA.
· Degree: Master’s Degree.
· Education: Graduate from a program in genetics counseling as determined by the Accreditation Council
for Genetics Counseling.
· Certification: Possess and maintain certification as a genetics counselor through the American Board of
Genetic Counseling (ABGC).
· Experience: One year of experience as a Certified Genetic Counselor after graduation.
· Perform a full range of genetics counseling, both independently and in association with Maternal-Fetal
Specialists, for patients at risk of chromosomal, inheritable or acquired birth defects.
· Provide genetic counseling services for a variety of indications, including advanced maternal age, abnormal
maternal serum-alpha-fetoprotein (MSAFP) screening, abnormal fetal ultrasound, significant family history
of birth defect or inheritable disease or exposure to known teratogen.
· Serve as a resource for health care providers, providing information regarding prenatal testing as well as
assessment of need for genetic counseling.
· Collaborate and coordinate with other departments such as Pediatrics to maintain continuity of care.