(Reference Code: JAW1005)
FISH Technologist is needed at a top lab in New York! The team is looking for an experienced candidate who is seeking an opportunity to join an organization that promotes transparency, internal growth, and opportunities to enhance your current skill set through other areas of the lab.
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
In conjunction with the Supervisor, Manager, and Director of Esoteric Laboratory Operations, manage day-to-day operation of the FISH Processing laboratory. Oversee, and assign with permission of the Manager, all aspects of the technical processing workflow from accession specimens to QA.Essential Functions
- Receive and sort samples by specimen type for laboratory testing.
- Must be able monitor all aspect of sample processing.
- Accession and label all paperwork, specimen slides, tubes and jars.
- Review all data entry information that appears on the test requisition.
- Process medical specimens for molecular FISH testing.
- Stain, cover slip, collate and book all cases processed.
- Oversee the maintenance of all technical processing documentation.
- Monitor equipment and maintenance logs to ensure appropriate record keeping.
- Ensure FISH lab is adequately stocked with supplies and oversee weekly ordering.
- Perform monthly inventory checks.
- Understand all FISH processing SOPs and participate in periodic SOP updates.
- Troubleshoot technical issues.
- Good communication skills with all team members and supervisory staff.
- Additional tasks/projects upon request.
- Bachelors Degree or higher, preferably in Biology.
- MUST have current New York State License
- Minimum 1 year of FISH experience (processing)
- Working knowledge of computers (Word and Excel).
- Ability to understand and communicate effectively in English.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to establish cooperative working relationship with peers and management
- Dependable, flexible and adaptable in all aspects of work
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently, in accordance with the amount of specimens received; ability to operate copy machine, staining, cover slipping and centrifuge equipment.Extended periods of standing and sitting.
Three plus years FISH experience (processing) for HER2, UroVysion and Hematology/Oncology specimens. MLT, HTL, CG, MB or HT(ASCP) License/Certification or eligible recommended. Knowledge of medical terminology
Please apply now for more information or send a copy of your updated resume to [Register to View] !