(Reference Code: JAW1329)
New opening for a Molecular Technologist with a fantastic laboratory in New York!
This organization is a leading provider of sub-specialized anatomic pathology and molecular diagnostic laboratory services. Founded in 1988, this organization has a longstanding reputation as a leader in the field. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a stable organization that is offering a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and career advancement opportunities!
Position: Molecular Pathology Lab Technologist
Location: Westchester County
Under the direction of the Lab supervisor, the PCR Technologist will perform biological experiments and assist with the day-to-day administration of the PCR Laboratory.
- Knowledgeable in the handling of patient specimens from accession to storage.
- Assist supervisor with day to day administration of PCR Laboratory.
- Read and follow technical procedures for the Standard Operating Procedure Manual.
- DNA and RNA extraction
- Complete PCR testing and PCR product analysis including sequencing, hybridization or fragment analysis
- Assist in the administration of all Quality Control Programs.
- Assist in the inventory management and ordering
- Sample data collecting or accession if necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or related field plus one year clinical biological lab experience
- NYS clinical laboratory license
- Knowledge of nucleic acid technology. Understanding of quality control / quality improvement programs.
- Familiar with pipette and knowledge of basic chemical calculation
- Block sectioning and H&E staining experience