Full-time Senior Blood Bank Technologist needed at a top facility in Washington!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Currently looking to hire a Senior Technologist in our immunohematology reference lab.
* Certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT), and a minimum of five years laboratory technical experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience) and including at least one of the following:
o At least four years experience in immunohematology reference testing.
o Specialist in Blood Banking (SBB) certification.
* Must qualify as Testing Personnel, High Complexity Testing, under CLIA personnel requirements found in Subpart M of the Code of Federal Regulations.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform daily workups of complex antibody problems and red cell reference testing according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Fill orders for blood, meeting required Turn Around Time.
- Perform donor antibody identification and investigate ABO/Rh type discrepancies.
- Perform antibody ID using tube, gel and solid phase methods.
- Perform warm autoantibody evaluations using matched cells, adsorption and/or elution techniques.
- Able to use enhancing reagents and enzymes in evaluation of complex antibody problems.
- Perform extended transfusion reaction evaluations.
- Serve as IRL Lead to coordinate assignment of workload to applicable IRL staff according to each staff member's training and ability.
- Report results of tests performed to physicians, other health care and laboratory professionals, and institutions.
- Understand and participate in QA functions of the laboratory.
- Complete CAP/AABB Survey Assignments within allotted timeframe.
- Participate in interviews and assess qualifications based on needs of positions.
- Train new Technologists that will be performing routine work in IRL.
Offering competitive pay and benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: [Register to View]