Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
In conjunction with the Supervisor, Manager, and Director of Esoteric Laboratory Operations, manage day-to-day operation of the FISH Processing laboratory. Oversee, and assign with permission of the Manager, all aspects of the technical processing workflow from accession specimens to QA.
- Receive and sort samples by specimen type for laboratory testing.
- Must be able monitor all aspect of sample processing.
- Accession and label all paperwork, specimen slides, tubes and jars.
- Review all data entry information that appears on the test requisition.
- Process medical specimens for molecular FISH testing.
- Stain, cover slip, collate and book all cases processed.
- Oversee the maintenance of all technical processing documentation.
- Monitor equipment and maintenance logs to ensure appropriate record keeping.
- Ensure FISH lab is adequately stocked with supplies and oversee weekly ordering.
- Perform monthly inventory checks.
- Understand all FISH processing SOPs and participate in periodic SOP updates.
- Troubleshoot technical issues.
- Good communication skills with all team members and supervisory staff.
- Additional tasks/projects upon request.
- Bachelors Degree or higher, preferably in Biology.
- MUST have current New York State License
- Minimum 1 year of FISH experience (processing)
- Working knowledge of computers (Word and Excel).
- Ability to understand and communicate effectively in English.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to establish cooperative working relationship with peers and management
- Dependable, flexible and adaptable in all aspects of work
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently, in accordance with the amount of specimens received; ability to operate copy machine, staining, cover slipping and centrifuge equipment.Extended periods of standing and sitting.
Three plus years FISH experience (processing) for HER2, UroVysion and Hematology/Oncology specimens. MLT, HTL, CG, MB or HT(ASCP) License/Certification or eligible recommended. Knowledge of medical terminology
For more details please submit your resume. You can also send it directly to [Register to View]
(JOB ID: KD72)