- The END Technologist performs technical studies/summarizes data to assist MD’s in diagnosis of nervous system disorders.
Essential Job Duties
- Perform routine, extended and ambulatory EEG’s and studies according to ACNS
- Perform nerve conduction studies according to AAET standards.
- Maintain registry in at least one of the END areas: EEG, or NCV.
- Explains testing procedure for all neurodiagnositc studies to patient and family using age appropriate guidelines.
- Accurately takes and documents a pertinent history from the patient or EMR(Centricity).
- Sets-up patient for appropriate study to include: patient, paperwork, room and equipment.
- Accurately apply electrodes according to the International 10-20 measurement system to record EEG.
- Runs study with appropriate documentation in the study, observation of the patient, troubleshooting equipment and physiological artifacts, distinguishing normal from abnormal and utilizing appropriate resources to perform the study.
- Demonstrates proper cleaning procedures for the patient, room, setup room and equipment after each study
- Adheres to proper infection control practices
- 1 year of healthcare experience
- Graduate from an accredited END program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Associate degree in a health related field preferred
- ABRET registry in EEG. AAET registry in NCV
- Shows initiative for critical thinking skills
- Recognize global needs of department
- Responds to stressors in the practice environment in a calm, positive manner.
- Recognizes limitations in own skills or knowledge and seeks assistance from appropriate resources
- Recognizes the need for and provides assistance to others where needed and when requested
- Utilizes down time for cleaning, maintenance, and lab and departmental initiatives without prompting
- Demonstrates ability to effectively and efficiently manage departmental resources
- Assists in the planning and completion of orientation, training and/or cross-training of other personnel
- BLS certification
- Maintains 6 CEU’s per year
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
For more information please submit your resume. You can also email it directly to [Register to View]
JOB ID: KD31